4.02.2011

Students Participating in Readers Theatre



Being a classroom teacher was one of the most important job I or any person could ever have. As a teacher, I was compelled to find what made my students happy, sad, what made them want to learn and what made them shut down. This was important to me because as long as my students were happy they were able to learn.
My book idea was inspired by several events in my life: my experience as an educator, my experience visiting schools reading poetry, my experiences with my daughter and parts of my own childhood. Children are faced with so many more issues than what I experienced as a child. If we are ever going to help children discover how to grow and prosper, we must first make sure that they have a foundation build on understand who they are and who empowers them. We need to reassure our children that an education must be taken seriously, we must teach our children about their history and tell them that a DREAM is only as big as they decide to make it. We must also tell them reaching that DREAM is only a matter of how much time they are willing to give to developing it. We must also show them examples of people, who inspite of their circumstances, reached their dreams. Then and only then will we have made a difference in the lives of children.

No comments:

Post a Comment